Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Family Affair

Jake and I are both so lucky to have wonderful friends and families and we really want our wedding day to include all of our loved ones. And this is how we're keeping it a family affair:

  • The ceremony and reception will be held at Jake's parent's house in Northern California
  • Jake's Uncle Rob will officiate the ceremony
  • Our caterer is a very good friend of Jake's family and I've only met her a few times, but I already love her for all the effort she is putting into our event.
  • I plan on asking Jake's aunt and cousin to do my hair and the hair of my bridesmaids. They are both hair stylists and they're both pretty awesome so I'm excited to be related to them.
  • I'm going to be painting some things for our save the dates and invitations and my good friend Christina will be using her awesome graphic design skills to make them amazing. You might remember her work from my college graduation announcements and she's currently a graphic designer for Match.com!
  • My mom is going to make my cupcake wedding cake. She's basically the best baker in the world (as many of you already know).
  • She's also going to sew a ring pillow for us
  • My pretty green i-pod will be the DJ. We became very attached during marathon training so I couldn't imagine anyone/anything else providing our dancing music.
  • My soon-to-be mother in law is going to plant flowers for us to use for the wedding. We'll also probably go to the local farmer's market the day of the wedding and pick up some things so lots of people will be able to help me pick out and arrange the bouquets.
  • We're currently in talks with one of my sister's best friends who is an awesome photographer so hopefully that will work out too.
We are soooo excited for our wedding. And in case you haven't heard, we picked a date:

09-19-09!!!
(nine is my favorite number *cough* Mike Modano *cough*)

No comments: