Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Update

I originally had scheduled a vacation day to be used tomorrow knowing that I would need an extra day to recover from this weekend, but I had to go to the dentist last week, thus having to waste my vacation day. I kind of wish I'd just not gone to the dentist b/c what I thought was a deadly gum disease that I was sure would cause all my teeth to fall out turned out to by mild irritation of the gums that has since disappeared. So I will now be at work tomorrow, but I will be exhausted from all of this:

Grandma arrived on Friday. I drove home from work, picked Jake up, and we went to pick her up at the 4 Queens. This was a nightmare. It took us an hour and a half to get downtown. Add the half hour I was in the car on the way home from work, plus the half hour it took after picking her up to drive to the Bellagio and I was in the car a total of 2 and 1/2 hours. The reward was worth it though because we got to see

It was really amazing, but completely different than

Both were amazing and they make me wish I could be an acrobat.

On Saturday I picked Grandma up and we went to Mandalay Bay to pick up my race stuff and then we went to Town Square. We walked around and then went to see Four Christmases. I'd like to personally thank the movie rating team for giving this a PG 13 rating. One would think that PG 13 would be just fine to see with your grandma, but in case you haven't see it and you were considering taking a grandparent or something, DON'T DO IT. It is so inappropriate! I mean it's not a bad movie and it's kinda funny, but I felt more than a bit awkward during the entire thing.

On Sunday I woke up super early to go run the Las Vegas half marathon. It was my first and a lot of fun. There was a big fireworks show at the very beginning of the race and Robin Leech was the commentator person! I'd trained up to 16 miles, but the 13 seemed a lot harder. No time to rest though, Feb. 28th will be here before we know it. Here's a picture w/ my super cool medal. Somebody forgot to bring the camera to the race so this was taken after we got home.

After breakfast w/ Grandma we came home and rested for the rest of the day and then met her for dinner. So now it's almost 7 and I'm wishing so much that I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, but I'm poor and must go make some money. Oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a true trooper! I am so proud of you, Megan Caffeine; you just don't have any idea as to how impressed and honoured I am to be your mum. :)

I tell you what...you go to work and know that this is in front of you:

Come next Sunday I will take over the housework, the laundry, the shopping and any other little item that needs doing. Don't spend this week fretting over anything. I get to spend the following week spoiling you and Jacob rotten. Hannah and Ace are in cahoots with me. We have ideas up our sleeve, our paws.

Again, I am so VERY proud of all your efforts. Yes, work will be a challenge after a run like this one, but I have a feeling you'll be a bit charged about the experience, and thus, ready to set the world ablaze with renewed vitality.

Love,
Mum #1 & #2

Jen McCrady said...

hi there! thanks so much for stopping by and introducing yourself! i just visited las vegas a couple months ago, and i'm so jealous you get to live there! happy blogging!