Saturday, March 20, 2010

More Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

When we went to Santa Rosa last weekend we were able to check off two more Triple D restaurants. We had lunch at La Texanita. It was delicious. We both had the carne asada plate and loved every bite of it. Also, the chips and salsa came with this amazing jalapeno cream dip that was soooo good. I definitely recommend this place.



For dinner we went to Willie Birds. I've never seen the episode where this place was featured, but it was on the list on the Food Network website so I figured we might as well try it. All they serve is turkey. They serve it pretty much every way imaginable though. I had a sandwich with turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce and Jake had an oriental salad with grilled turkey. We were pleased with both items. It's definitely not the most "happening" place to hang out though. We were the youngest patrons by about 40 years.



P.S. I'm so grateful to have a husband that will take pictures of restaurants for me. I'm too embarrassed to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willie Birds sounds like someplace your folks would visit, Megan. ;)

Rachel said...

OMG - Chris (my husband) love Diners Drive-Ins & Dives!! We've eaten at quite a few in our area (Dallas/Fort Worth) and a couple in New Orleans!

I'm glad we're not the only people out there like this...