Friday, March 26, 2010

My Next Races (maybe)

I use the word "maybe" because I haven't actually signed up for any of these, but I plan to next week (after pay day). I'm hoping that the first one isn't sold out because it's in May and that's right around the corner! The other two aren't until October so hopefully those will be fine. I was reading about the Healdsburg run and it has great reviews so I'm really excited about that one. It's also the priciest though and pretty steep for only a 1/2 marathon. I'm really excited that I don't have to travel too far for any of them. The Napa one is a bit of a distance, but it doesn't start until 8:30 so we'll have plenty of time to make it. The Windsor and Healdsburg races are about an hour away so that's manageable too.




I've never done a trail run before (unless you count all those high school cross country meets) so I might only do the 10k (6 miles) instead of the 10 miler. We'll see.

When I was telling Jake about all of them he asked if I was going to do any more full marathons and I thought about it for about 2 seconds and realized I don't feel like putting that much effort into anything right now. Maybe one day, but not any time soon. I get tired just thinking about it. I also told him that I imagine a marathon to be like childbirth. Not that I've ever given birth, but I imagine that you'd have to forget about how painful it is (at least a little bit) in order to want to do it again. And I still haven't forgotten how painful the marathon was so I'm just not ready.
Click on any of the pictures from above to links to the websites for each race :)

No comments: