Sunday, May 23, 2010

Windsor Green Half Marathon

This was the first annual Windsor Green Half Marathon and I have to say that I think it was one of the best races I've ever done. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and the race in general was really well put together. The event organizers definitely knew what they were doing. My only complaint is that they had finisher hats instead of medals. I mean, who wants to put a hat on after they've run a race?? I was already wearing a hat. I needed a medal! I'll let it slide though because both the hat and the race shirt are made from that dry fit material that I so dearly love.

While we're on the subject of race shirts, I have to tell you that so many people were wearing the official race shirt during the race. This is a big no no. If I see you wearing a race shirt on the day of the race I will make fun of you in my head. Now, you can wear a race shirt from another race on the day of, but that is the only exception. Otherwise you look silly and it makes me think you're a little too excited about the run.

Before the race

Oh, and before I forget to mention this little fact....See that guy standing next to me, trying to pretend he ran the Cowtown Marathon by wearing that shirt?? Yeah, he ran the half marathon today too. I only beat him by about 2 minutes. I run several days a week. I've run 2 other half marathons and a full marathon. He's never run more than 6 miles in his life. He didn't train for this thing at all and he finished just 2 minutes behind me. I'm both annoyed and envious. Oh well, at least the guy running in Crocs didn't beat us! Who wears gardening shoes to run in? Crazies, that's who.

Right before the race started Jake was looking around and made the following observation:

Jake: There's a different breed of people here. These are the people that are motivated and get up and run in the morning. They don't need coffee or anything, they're just ready to go.

Me: Yeah, does it inspire you?

Jake: No, it just makes me tired.

After the race

Our tired feet

This started around mile 5 or 6. I need to wear higher socks.

You could salt the rim of a margarita glass with all the salt on my neck. Gross.

After the race we went to the farmer's market that was in the same area and got these delicious strawberries.

The were huge!

The End.

Once they post our results I'll put them on here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you two!!! And I can so relate to Jake's comment. Just the thought of having to wake up and run is so exhausting. ;)