Monday, May 17, 2010

Yosemite Trip: Part 1

This past weekend we headed down to Yosemite with my in laws. We actually live a little less than 5 hours from Yosemite, but when we left at around 8:30 am on Friday morning, we didn't arrive at our destination until around 8:00 pm. It look so long because we stopped a few times for eating/fruit stand browsing/antique store shopping in a couple of different towns. The first town we stopped in for shopping was Sutter Creek. They had so many cute antique stores.

The best find of the day though was a beautiful area rug! I think that only my mom and Jake know how badly I've been wanting a rug for our living room so it's hard to explain exactly why this was so exciting, but it just was. Our entire house is covered in dark wood floors. The dark wood has absolutely no gloss or anything on it to hide dirt and cat fur. And it's cold. I've been wanting a big rug since we moved in, but they're so expensive and obviously not a necessity. We happened to walk into a really neat antique store that specialized in lamps, but in the back of the store they had a little area devoted to brand new rugs. They carried Capel rugs, which I'm familiar with because we also order from them at the furniture store I work at. When I saw the price of the rug I thought it was priced incorrectly. I mean it clearly said 50% off in bright red ink, but I was still in shock because I knew that I couldn't even order this rug at cost for this price at the furniture store. Jake and I knew immediately that we wanted it, but we left the store and walked around a bit while we thought it over. Even though it was so deeply discounted, it was still a big investment. I knew before I purchased it that I'd have a bit of buyers remorse, and I still do feel a little guilty, but I knew that if I'd passed it up then I'd be even more remorseful. So here it is in all its glory:

Beautiful, right??

After Sutter Creek we headed on to Sonora. We had dinner and then walked around this cute little town. Everything was starting to close though so we made our way to the grocery store to stock up before heading towards our final destination.

We finally arrived at the Evergreen Lodge and even though it was dark, it was obviously a beautiful place. Thankfully my mother in law is not into "real" camping so we stayed in these awesome little cabins. You must click on the link to check this place out. I don't have any pictures, but the website has a ton. I highly recommend this place to anyone going to Yosemite.

Check back later for Part 2 and actual pictures of the park :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That rug is gorgeous! Don't look back...look ahead. It's a wonderful investment and one that you will thoroughly enjoy. Kudos to you and Jacob. :)

I can't wait to see the photos from Yosemite. I can hardly contain myself.