Monday, August 9, 2010

Texas Trip: Part 2

On Tuesday of last week we decided to venture out on some adventures in Dallas. We started our day at The Soda Gallery.

We got a variety of bottled sodas and even though it was pretty pricey ($10 for 6 bottles) it was definitely worth the trip.




We then headed to lunch at Avila's, a Diner's, Drive-ins and Dives restaurant. And from the outside, this place was definitely a DIVE, but the inside was actually really nice and the food was good too. My sister had brisket tacos and my mom and I both had a tostada platter. The salsa at this place was really good. It actually had a kick to it, which is hard to find these days.

We headed home after our adventures in Dallas, but the fun didn't stop there. Once my dad got home we headed to another Triple D place in Roanoke, Twisted Root. The one they filmed the show at was the location in Dallas, but this one is closer to Grapevine and I'm assuming they have the same menu. I had the absolute best burger I've ever had in my life. It had chipotle sauce, onion strings, guacamole and cheddar cheese. SOOO good. My mouth is watering as I'm typing this.



Stayed tuned for Part 3: Road Trip to OSU

No comments: