Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reminders of Home


In the past 2 weeks I've seen 3 different things related to Grapevine, Texas on television. I freaked out each time.

1.) There was a golf tournament in Grapevine recently and during the course of the game some baby ducks wandered onto the course and got caught in a sand trap. One of the golfers reached down and picked each one up and put it on the grass. It was the cutest thing ever.

It was on NBC Bay Area News between 6 and 7 in the morning. As soon as Jake's alarm went off I ran into the bedroom to tell him.

2.) I was watching TV and a commercial for Friday Night Lights came on. Towards the end of the commercial they showed the name of the singer and the song that was playing in the background. It was The Rocket Summer. I went to high school with the main guy from that band. He doesn't know who I am, but I definitely remember him.

I called one of my best friends right away to tell her the exciting news.

3.) I was watching American Idol the other night and it was the episode where the remaining contestants go back to their hometowns. Casey James is from the DFW area and I'm about 95% sure that the first place they showed him was in the Target shopping center in Grapevine. They didn't show Target, but I recognized the other buildings.

I called Jake while he was still at work to tell him this.

And then tonight I told my mom about all these amazing things.

I can't stop talking about it.

Grapevine is famous!

Watch for me on TV because I'll be there August 1st-8th and I'm sure the media will be all over that.

No comments: