Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Important things

I thought I'd take you on a tour around our house to show some of our most special things. Our house is filled with things that were given to us by our family members and friends. We own very few items that we've actually purchased ourselves. We're really fortunate that way.


My mom has given me a few of these Willow Tree figurines, but this one is my favorite. She gave it to me when one of our family cats passed away. She also gave me the drawing of the cat. And the lamp is from Jake's mom. Along with the nightstand everything is sitting on. I found them when I helped clean out their barn.


One of my aunts gave this to me and Jake as a wedding gift. I'm excited to pass it on to my children one day.


This pitcher is from the resort that Jake's grandparent's owned back in the day.


My sister in law painted this and gave it to me for Christmas to match all of our pear things.


This piano is Jake's great grandmother's. The painting on the top was done by his grandma Hoberg and the lamp on the right was in the room the night his Papa Charlie was born.

I have so many more things I could show, but I think I'll save them for another time. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for allowing me to visit :)

I LOVE when you post a message from home. It makes me feel as if I'm visiting. :)