Sunday, February 15, 2009

5 years ago on Valentine's Day....

Jake and I went on our very first date. We drove to Tulsa and went to Kilkenny's, an Irish Pub. The waiter sat us next to each other instead of on opposite sides of the table. This made for a slightly awkward first date, but we made the most of it. Upon returning to my place, I checked my mail and noticed that my friend Ryan had sent me a cd of love songs. Ryan was my "gay boyfriend" at the time, but when I mentioned to Jake that my "gay boyfriend" had sent me a cd, he thought I meant "gay" in a different sense and thought I actually had a boyfriend. This assumption resulted in him not calling me for almost a week. Luckily he mentioned it to a mutal friend who was able to clear up the confusion. So besides the confusion, it was a great first date and I've enjoyed every date since then.

Last night we went on a date to Paymon's. It's a Mediterranean Cafe and Hookah Lounge. We had a hookah, some hummus, and tabuli. The tabuli was not as great as the tabuli I've grown up eating though so it was somewhat of a disappointment. Go here: http://www.paymons.com/pop_tr_gallery_fr_set2.html for a virtual tour of the restraunt and lounge. It was really neat and I want to go back soon.

On Monday we are going on another date to The Melting Pot. I'm so excited!! I LOVE this place and I haven't been for several months so I'm excited to have lots of
cheese and chocolate! Well that's all for now. I must begin my exciting day of cleaning and grocery shopping!!

No comments: