Saturday, February 13, 2010

Last Weekend

Sorry it's taken me so long to recap the Las Vegas trip. We had a great time and I wish we could have stayed longer.

We left last Thursday night and arrived on Friday morning around 8. We had breakfast at the Red Rock buffet and then went upstairs to find this amazing room:

It was the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. I felt very spoiled. After resting for a bit I went to work out and then got cleaned up for my lunch with Kim. We went to the Olive Garden. Now, I'm a huge fan of OG, but did anyone else know their lunch portions are tremendously smaller than their dinner portions? I was a bit disappointed when my mini lasagna arrived at the table. After lunch I met Jake back at the hotel and he drove me to my old office to visit with everyone. After my work visit, it was time for Jake to meet with his old work friends. He dropped me off to do some shopping at Town Center. He picked me up after a couple of hours and we headed back to Red Rock, ate, and went to bed super early because we were still exhausted from the drive.

On Saturday Jake went golfing and I hung out with my friend Erin. We went to lunch and then walked around Fashion Show Mall. I met Jake back at the hotel and we went to see Dear John. Great movie. After that Jake met up with Frank and Rick and went to dinner. I had plans to meet up with my friend Katy Beth for dinner at 8. We also had plans to meet a bunch of people at a club at Red Rock after our dinner, but we found out while we were eating that the club was mysteriously closed. We ended up just meeting everyone at Erin's house and hung out. I was a little disappointed we didn't get to go dancing, but it was a lot of fun catching up with everyone.

On Sunday Jake and the guys went to set up the memorabilia show (the whole reason we went to Vegas). I went to work out and then met them down at the show so I could get some free food. I hung around for a bit, but went back up to the room after a while because football isn't really my thing. I watched Sleepless in Seattle and took a nap.

We left on Monday morning. I was sad to leave, but was eager to get back home to Sydney. She missed us a lot.

We stopped at Mad Greek in Baker, CA on the way back. We've been there before because I saw it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives a long time ago. It was kind of unusual to eat a gyro at 9:30 in the morning, but it was still delicious. Jake's shirt was the same color as the bench. It was picture worthy.

1 comment:

Margie said...

That trip looks like it was so much fun! I'm glad you got to visit with friends. That last shot of Jacob, and the look on his face: CLASSIC! :)))))))