Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where oh where have I been?

It's been almost a month since my last post! Well it's been a busy month to say the least.

First, I got a new job. It's a fabulous new job and I love it more than any job I've ever had. I'm working at a tasting room for a local winery. I'm managing the wine club, pouring wine for people, and learning as much as I can about the wine industry.


Soon after my new job started, we had another incident with Zulu (see here for first major incident). Jake decided to take Zu for a ride in his jeep one afternoon. He strapped her in with her harness and took off down Main St. Not too long after their ride began, Zulu decided to work her way out of the harness and tried to crawl out of the jeep, Marley and Me style. Jake reached down to grab her and ended up hitting a parked car. Luckily nobody was injured, but the car was totaled, Jake's jeep was damaged, and Zulu sat in a puddle of motor oil, thus staining her entire back end. One month and several baths later and she still looks ridiculous.

I also went on a trip to Texas this past month. I was there for 8 days and it was fabulous. I did normal things like shopping, eating, movies and just plain hanging out, but it was the most fun I've had in a long time. I miss my friends and family so much. I've tried to convince all of them to just move to California, but nobody took me up on the offer. I didn't really have much to offer them besides cooler temperatures and the ability to see me on a regular basis, but I would have thought that would be more than enough incentive ;)

The only downfall of my new job is that it requires me to work on the weekends. This means I'll probably have fewer fun adventures to post about on the blog, but I'll try to make my weekdays off a little more exciting.

Oh one thing before I start my chores for the day....



This is the trailer for the movie that was partially filmed in Kelseyville. The street that's shown at :13 in the trailer is Main Street. Sadly, most of the store fronts are deserted in real life and I think even more have closed since they filmed last year. Also, the Sheriff's Office is actually an abandoned building next to the tasting room. I'm curious to see if it will be shown at all in the movie.

1 comment:

M3 said...

I'm packing my car and leaving immediately. ;) The heat has done me in~!

So happy to hear that you had a wonderful visit. Your new job sounds like such an interesting one. You will learn so much and then you must teach me.

I hope the movie shows a good bit of Kelseyville. I have to admit, I got a bit sentimental just viewing the trailer. Kudos to this beautiful little bit of heaven.