Thursday, August 25, 2011

An Afternoon in Healdsburg

It's funny how this blogging thing works....when I had a job that I was unhappy with, and thus not really loving life so much, I somehow found a lot to blog about. I think that I was trying to make my life appear better than it really was. Ironically, I'm still doing a lot of fun things (though not always on the weekends) but I feel less motivation to blog about them. This is partially because my new job really wears me out. I'm tired in a good way, but I barely have enough energy to make dinner at night, so blogging hasn't been a big priority.

On the other hand though, one of my biggest reasons for blogging is to keep my family up to date on our lives so I will try to make more of an effort to blog about the fun times I'm having (even if it's mostly work related these days).

Today we had a wonderful afternoon in Healdsburg and I took a lot of pictures. We went to a couple different wineries that a friend recommended and they were wonderful.

Our first stop was Quivira:



 
 
They had some wonderful wines, but our favorite was the Grenache.  We purchased a bottle and got 30% off with an inter winery discount!

Quivira is organic and biodynamic.  I don't know much about the biodynamic thing, but I think it has something to do with the stars and moon and other things of that nature.  Google it if you're interested.
Along with their great wine, they also had an amazing garden and farm area.







 

 

(bees)


Our next stop was the Dry Creek General Store.  I've read about this place numerous times and have been wanting to try it for a while.  It's basically a deli that makes really good, albeit expensive, sandwiches. 




We enjoyed our lunch on a picnic table outside. 
 
Our final stop for the day was Ferrari Carano. This place was so fancy!  The grounds were amazing and wine was pretty good too.  They offered an inter winery discount too, but only on certain wines.  Our favorite one, the Home Ranch Cab, was not discountable, but we purchased it anyway. 








We had a wonderful time and plan on taking advantage of the inter winery discount again in the near future.  

1 comment:

M3 said...

Green with envy.....