Wednesday, October 5, 2011

End of Summer Recap

We've had a busy few months....

We went to the Sonoma county fair (some time in August).  Full post coming soon.


Zulu will turn one in a few weeks (October 26).  Detailed Zulu update and pictures coming soon. 


We went to Tahoe for two days (Sept. 21-22).  Beautiful pictures and a humorous story coming soon.


I survived the Pear Festival weekend (Sept. 23-25) at work.  This included a kick off country concert and bbq on a Friday night (I actually was able to attend for fun and not have to work the event, but it was still somewhat work related), the actual day of the Pear Festival (one of our busiest days of the year) and our annual Harvest Party the next night.  It was a fabulous cajun themed event.  I don't have any of my own pictures, but there are some on the Wildhurst Facebook page.  The event was a huge success and I was so excited to be a part of it.

We attended the wedding of two wonderful people last weekend.  I didn't take a single picture, but it was so beautiful and probably one of the most personal and entertaining ceremonies I've ever witnessed.

We also did the Konocti Challenge last Saturday.  I did the 40 mile bike ride and Jake did the 100 mile course!!!


I know it doesn't look like I did a bike ride at all, but I did.  I just happened to have time to go home and shower before Jake completed the race.  I'm so proud of Jake for accomplishing this huge goal.  He worked so hard and I think he had a pretty good time doing it too.

For our next athletic challenge, we're considering the Orange County full marathon in May.  I've been having some foot problems though so we'll see how I feel after the end of my half marathon on October 29th.  We were considering the New Orleans marathon in March, but I might need to take a considerable amount of time off after the race this month and I want to have plenty of time to recover and then train again.

I think that pretty much sums up the past couple of months.  I'm sure I've forgotten some important details, but you get the gist of it, right?

1 comment:

M3 said...

two very busy bee's....I look forward to reading about the exploits.

Congratulations to both of you on your bike races. Kudos' to Jacob. I can only imagine what his legs must have felt like after that race. OUCH!