Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What I'll Miss About Las Vegas:





When we found out we were moving to Las Vegas I was very disappointed. I REALLY did not want to come for multiple reasons. And although it definitely hasn't been my favorite places to live, I've made some wonderful friends and will be sad to leave them. I will miss them all very much, but I will especially miss Erin (the girl in the last picture). I met Erin when I worked at Old Navy and she made my time there slightly less miserable. Then, once I started working at Marsh, I recruited her to come keep me company :) She is such a wonderful friend and I don't know how I'll survive at a new job without her! I'm comforted by the fact that I will see her in September for the wedding. It's been a long time since I've had to move and leave friends. Moving away from high school friends was hard, but kind of a gradual process. We all went our separate ways for college, but were always able to return "home" and visit with each other so by the time I moved to Las Vegas I was already accustomed to not seeing them very often. In regards to college friends, they all graduated a semester before me (I switched majors and added on another few months of school) so that was kind of a gradual change as well. This seems different though because it's more of a final goodbye. I'll definitely call/facebook to keep in touch, but I know I won't be able to visit very often because most trips will be reserved for visits to Texas. I feel so lucky to have met some wonderful people here and they are the reason I survived the not so wonderful city of Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a bittersweet post. I know you will miss them and they will miss you too. As much as I want you to come home and visit, I also want you to remember that visiting your friends is important too. Tell those beautiful ladies I'll make room for them if they can get here, and if they can't, and they need you, then you will always be there for them. There is nothing more valuable than dear friends. Absolutely nothing. I know, I have been gifted too. :)

Love,
Mom