Sunday, December 6, 2009

Recent Happenings

Last weekend we went to a tree farm in Upper Lake. They give you a big measuring thing, a wagon, and an axe and then let you pick whatever you want to chop down. After you chop it they put it on this cool machine that shakes off all the loose needles. We didn't get a tree, but we helped pick out a couple.




This weekend was the Christmas parade in Kelseyville. You know you're in the country when all of the floats consist of huge semi trucks decorated in Christmas lights. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a marching band, but it was still pretty neat.


After the parade Santa sits in the bank so you can take pictures with him. Sorry the pictures are dark, but they had the be posted because this is one of Santa's best helpers. Almost as good as the Santa in Blue Ridge, Texas.


You might be wondering why Jake has such a big smile on his face. Apparently Santa was pinching his butt. And he liked it.

We received our first Christmas card in the mail the other day. It's the funniest card I've ever seen. I laughed for a really long time when I read it.

Today Jake brought me home some flowers and a card! He's always doing sweet things like this, thus making me the luckiest girl in the world.

And here is a picture for my mom. She loves Sydney almost as much as me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ho, ho, ho! :)))))

I LOVE this post!

Not Your Notes said...

Hahahahaha I love that card!