Monday, June 6, 2011

My Very Own Clothesline

No, I'm not designing clothes now, I'm hanging them out to dry!! Well, to be honest, I have not actually used the clothesline yet. It's been raining for several days now and hanging your clothes outside in the rain kinda defeats the purpose.


Jake built this for me while I was in Texas and I was so excited to find my surprise. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy for being so excited about this, especially since I hate doing laundry and all, but I think it's going to turn my laundry frown upside down.

Yes, it will require additional work, but just think of the energy I'll save! PG&E keeps threatening to come install a smart meter at our house so I'm going to do everything I can to reduce the amount of money they take from us each month. Smart meter or not, I'm pretty sure they're robbing us. How else do you explain energy bills for the same amount or more during months when neither the air conditioner or heater have been turned on? I'm also convinced that smart meters cause cancer. I'm not sure if this has definitely been proven, but I'm scared to have one on our house. I've also heard that they typically result in higher energy bills. And can someone please explain why they intend to charge HIGHER rates to people that use LESS energy? I guess it makes sense from a business standpoint, but I find it highly unethical.

Ugh, enough about PG&E...I have a new clothesline!

1 comment:

M3 said...

I'm green with envy. Remember my little clothes line that ran at the side of the house?

I couldn't have one now for fear that one of the crows would leave me a 'surprise' package deposit.