Thursday, June 2, 2011

This is what my mom looks like...

when I travel half way across the country for an unannounced visit!

I totally surprised my parents last week when I arrived in Texas. I had the trip planned for 2 months and it was so hard to not tell them, especially on my b-day and Mother's Day.

I arrived on Thursday and left on Monday, but I was originally scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Due to bad weather at DFW in the days prior to my arrival, my flight was canceled so I arrived a day late :(

Everything else went just as planned though. My sister pick me up from the airport and drove us home. She went inside and I had Jake call my mom to ask her if the package he'd sent had arrived. She told him she'd just been outside and hadn't seen anything, but he convinced her to go outside and check anyway. As soon as she walked outside I jumped out of the car. It was a priceless moment that I'm sure neither of us will ever forget.

My time in Texas was filled with fun events, but I didn't take any pictures at all. I'll be returning in July though so I'll try to take some then.

1 comment:

M3 said...

I will NEVER forget that moment! Priceless......