Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Teddy Ruxpin




Jake had been mentioning for a while that he wanted a Teddy Ruxpin. He had one when he was little and I guess he really missed it. Then one day he sent me a link to one that he found on Ebay. I purchased it right away, and since I'm awful at keeping secrets, I told him the second I purchased it and then let him have it the day it arrived. Let's just call it another early b-day/Christmas present. Jake was especially excited because this particular Ruxpin came with a fire protection book! It actually came with several books and even though the mouth doesn't work quite right, he still loves it and is excited for nightly story time. I remember some of my friends having this bear when I was little, but I don't recall ever really wanting one. My mom will remember better than I do though so I'm sure she'll let me know if I actually did beg for one of these.

I actually had a huge fear of battery operated animals when I was younger. One time I had a bunny that would do flips when you turned it on. I was probably way too young to remember this thing, but I do. I think it scarred me for life. I never had a fear of rabbits, and I still don't, just rabbits that do flips in the air. They are crazy little creatures.

TR seems like a well mannered bear though so I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Unless he busts out a somersault or a hand stand without any warning, then he might find his way on the top shelf of a closet.

5 comments:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Ohmygosh... I was OBSESSED with TR when I was little. In fact about a year ago I saw the old school TR shows on DVD in the $5 bin at wlamart and had to buy it! hopefully he won't creep you out too much:). So nice of you to buy it for him!

Danielle said...

Those pictures are so adorable! That's awesome that you got it for him. I'm like you, I can't keep a secret for anything and when I try to.. my fiance figures it out anyways, lol.

I hope it doesn't creep you out too much! =)

Adrienne said...

This is so cute! I had TR when I was little, now that I think about it I have no idea what happened to him! haha Love the pics of him reading. :)

Unknown said...

I'm adding this to, "My list of adorable things Jake does"...his mama raised him so well.
:)

No, Meggars, I don't think Teddy was on your list of, 'must haves', but after that flipping rabbit incident there weren't too many animals that were, except for one:

Talking Elmo. I'm sorry I never got him for you.

That is 2cool that a fire protection book arrived along with that little critter! Tell Jake I expect story time when I come for a visit.

:)

Annie said...

the picture of him reading with TR is priceless! hahaha!!
i had a TR when i was little and i loved him and the books, my brother poked his eye out and then i'm sure eventually he was donated.