Today my mom sent me a link about surviving the holidays. I've noticed that as a "grown up" the holidays really aren't what they used to be. The article outlines it all really well and provides reassurance to those that don't absolutely love the holiday season. I'm not saying I hate the holidays, but they are stressful and after a few years of not spending them at home, I'm starting to like them less and less. Sorry to be all Scrooge like, but I'm just being honest. The last part of the article was dedicated to putting time aside each day during the holiday season to write 5 things you are grateful for. It's a simple exercise to shed some light on all the good things during this stressful season. They can repeat themselves and don't have to be anything major.
So I've decided to do this and I'm sure you all want to read about it, right? I doubt I'll make it every day, but I'll try my best.
Things I'm grateful for today:
1. My Christmas tree is complete (with a homemade, decent looking bow on top! Pictures to be posted soon).
2. Going HOME for Christmas this year! Only a couple more weeks!
3. We've been having trouble with the plumbing in our house and the lock on the front door. Both were fixed yesterday and life is just a little bit easier.
4. Jake brought me lunch today. It was yummy.
5. My hair straightener died on Thanksgiving and today I found one online for HALF the price of what you would pay at a store. Let's just hope it's a legit operation and I actually receive the straightener :)