Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Poor Baby...

So I've been complaining to everyone I know that Zulu has been having a ridiculous number of accidents inside the house and that she's been keeping us up all night since Wed or Thurs of last week. Well apparently she has a bladder infection (we think).

And now I feel like a bad mom...

Last night we were in the living room discussing her numerous accidents and Jake said "maybe she has a bladder infection." He looked up the symptoms online and she seemed to have most of them.

He took her to the vet today and they had to sedate her in order to get a urine sample. I'm a little unsure as to why this was necessary because she typically goes potty after just a few minutes of playing, but they did what they needed to do I guess. They said that in order to be 100% sure of what she has, they'd need to send a culture to be tested. That was going to be a lot of extra $$ so Jake opted to just go ahead and get the antibiotic the vet prescribed.

She didn't have a fever or any other severe symptoms so hopefully it's just a bladder infection and will clear up in a few days.

I think I might look into finding a new vet after this though. The simple procedure of sedating her and then giving her an IV was quite pricey. I really have no experience in this sort of thing so I'm not sure how much it should cost, but I feel like it was a bit extreme. Also, the office we go to has 2 or 3 different vets and I'd prefer for her to only have one. AND when Jake went to take her for her booster shots a few weeks ago he said the nurse that administered them was rude.

As I'm typing these things, it's making me realize even more that we need to find someone else! She's getting fixed and micro chipped next week. Perhaps we should do some research before that.

And here's a picture of my sedated little pup. Jake brought her to my office on their way home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little baby, I feel so sorry for her. I hope she feels better soon. You and Jacob give her extra love.

If you are not a 100% satisfied with the vet office, by all means, change vets.