Monday, January 11, 2010

Aussie Bites

These are the best things in the world. Mom #2 tends to always have them at home so that's where I first learned about them. She recently gave us a package to take home and now Jake is addicted as well. We've gone through several packages the past couple of weeks, all courtesy of mom #2 and we are just so grateful. These things are amazing. They're like dense little cakes of deliciousness. I've seen recipes online, but the pictures don't look quite as good as the original. You can find them at Costco, but Sam's has them too (with different packaging). Although they have tons of healthy ingredients, they also have a high fat content so I'd advise against eating several at a time (too bad I can't take my own advice). They're also kind of pricey, but they actually last a really long time. We're able to make a package last almost a week, so people that eat normal quantities of food should get at least 2 weeks out of a package. I think I'm going to write to Safeway and see if they can start carrying these things because Costco is so far away and I don't want to be without my Aussie Bites!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, right up my alley: sunflower seeds, oatmeal, yellow raisins, etc., etc., etc.

P.S. Tell Mom #2 I said, "Hello". I miss your sweet family. I'm bringing them home in my suitcase next time I visit. :)