Friday, January 8, 2010

Pea Soup

My mom sent me a couple of soup mixes for Christmas. She's sent different flavors before and they are all delicious and make a ton of soup! She's only able to find the brand at World Market so you'll have go and pick some up. Here's the one I made tonight. This is only the second time I've made split pea soup and I love it. When we lived in Las Vegas Jake would ask me to make it whenever we had a cloudy/rainy day, but those are few and far between in the desert so I didn't make it until we moved here. Now I'm hooked. I know it looks gross and if you don't like peas then it would probably taste gross to you, but I think it's wonderful. Most recipes call for ham to be added, or at least a ham bone, but we don't really like ham so I leave it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! My daughter has a food blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I be SOOOOO PROUD!

:)

megankl said...

lol, let's not get too carried away. If it involves more than chopping vegetables and stirring, then it's too complicated for me :)

Anonymous said...

This is where it all begins though, first the shop, the stir, the taste, and then, Voila! Dinner is served. :)