Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...

I know I shouldn't complain. I spent two and a half years in the middle of the desert where it never rained and I thought people were crazy when they'd complain about the rain. I would have given anything for a couple of rainy days, but now I'm definitely over the rain and I'm ready for a day of sunshine. Yesterday we saw the sun for a little bit, but not long enough for it to actually be enjoyed. It's not even that I really need sunshine. What I need is to be able to go running outside, and I want to walk to work again, and I want the floors to not get dirty so quickly. I suppose these things will happen eventually. At least the lake is filling up. It was so dry towards the end of the summer and it smelled disgusting. Here's a picture that I took today.


Here's a random picture of a church that's now an office.


Rumor has it that it's haunted. Someone was painting the steeple and fell and died. I guess he haunts it now.

And here's where we had lunch today.


We've been before, but I think the place is so cute so I thought a picture was necessary. While we were waiting for our food I said "I wonder if we could live here" and Jake said "I was just thinking about that, but I doubt it's zoned for a residential space." Yes, we're dorks and we basically share one mind. The green color is pretty much the same as the color of our living room and bedroom in Las Vegas. We just really like green a lot.

We also saw a movie today, The Lovely Bones. I'll write a review about it later. Short version of what the review will say: It was good. Go see it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you get a break from the rain soon.
Thanks for taking photos and sharing them. I feel all the more connected. :)

Love,
Mom #1,#2