Friday, October 29, 2010

Christmas in October

We are worse than little kids. Remember when I talked about "the gift"? It has been opened. Before November. I'm only taking partial responsibility for this though.

So I had this plan to get back at Jake for wrapping my present and forcing me to look at it in the middle of October. My plan was to wrap his b-day and Christmas gifts and force him to stare at them forever. Well, it just didn't happen that way. I was too excited and let him have his gifts as soon as they arrived in the mail. And then he had the same excitement about my gifts and forced me to open them the other day. Really, he forced me! I'd really been saying that I wanted to wait until Christmas, but he wasn't having any of that.

I'm so glad I opened it though! Look!!!

It's a grown up camera! I've been wanting one for so long, but assumed that I wouldn't have one for quite some time. I really have no idea how to use it, but it came with an instructional DVD that I plan on watching in the near future. I'm actually really glad I opened it so early, not just because it's so awesome, but because now I'll have time to become a little more accustomed to it before the holiday season arrives and all the photo opportunities present themselves.

And in case you're wondering, here are our justifications for giving each other presents so ridiculously early:

1. If we're going to be silly like this then we need to do it before we have kids. Children will force us to be more responsible so we might as well have our fun now. Not that kids aren't fun and all, but I'm sure that ridiculously early gift giving breaks all the parenting rules.

2. We still have small gifts to give each other on Christmas so it's not like we won't have anything to put under the Christmas tree.

3. We didn't actually give each other Christmas gifts last year so technically these are just really really late?!

Don't judge us.

3 comments:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

oooooo...LOVE! Let me know how you like it!!

Silvia C said...

Nice!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet! You have me green with envy. ;)