Monday, October 4, 2010

Oktoberfest and Open Mic Night

Lakeport hosted an Oktoberfest celebration this past weekend that was a lot of fun. They had live bands, a costume contest and races for dockson puppies. There was also a lot of beer and food too, as to be expected for an Oktoberfest.




I loved the beer and pretzel balloons.



It's always fun to watch drunk people dance around in front of a large crowd.



Later that night we went to Kelsey Creek Coffee in Lakeport to watch the open mic night.


This was our favorite act. This guy was amazing! His violinist side kick was good too.


We thought he was going to belt out some country tunes based on his attire, but surprisingly he played a lot of songs we know and love and some that I think were originals, but were also really good. In between 2 of his songs he began tuning his guitar and Jake turned to me and said "it sounds like he's tuning for a Goo Goo Dolls song." I thought he was crazy because it just sounded like random notes to me, but what do you know...he started playing a Goo Goo Dolls song! I was amazed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Open mike night featuring the one, the only, Mr. J!

;)

Oh, I am so wanting this to happen. I think I'll get some air fare and a shuttle.