Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ebay Is My New Addiction

It's not quite as cool as the Salvation Army, but I'm still loving it. I already got a Christmas present for Jake (that I already gave him because I was so excited) and I'm currently bidding on something else that's a secret. I'm not going to get my hopes up though because it still has a few days to go and I've already pretty much given my max bid. Look at what I won yesterday though:

I was searching for Oklahoma State stuff, but stumbled upon this instead! I don't know why I like it so much and I definitely have no idea what I'll do with it. That's a lie. I have a long term plan for it, just not an immediate one. My future daughter will use it as her "something blue" on her wedding day. Maybe around her bouquet or pinned inside her dress. She can explain to people that it's where her mom and dad met and fell in love. And she wants to have a happy marriage just like them. Sounds good, right?

I also bid on a similar one that had California on it, but I lost. I looked for Texas and Nevada ones as well, but they were nowhere to be found on ebay. I'll continue to check though because I definitely need one from every state that I've lived. Or maybe I'll come up with a plan on how to use them before I purchase any more. We shall see....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful hanky. I love it and I love the sentiment behind your plan.

Ashley said...

It is beautiful! I try to only stick with thrift shopping but I have found a new love etsy!!!! I LOVE their vintage category! I am hooked!
-Ashley-