Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saturday Night

Last night we went to a couple neat events. The first one was a fundraiser for a skate park that they're trying to build in Lakeport. My boss at the furniture store was very involved in putting everything together so I wanted to go and see out it turned out. It was an all day event, but we didn't get there until around 6. There was a pretty big crowd when we got there and my boss said that it was extremely busy around mid day so I guess it was pretty successful. They had a deejay, various bands, food, a beer garden, and ramps and rails for the skateboarders to ride on. Jake contributed to the proceeds by having a couple of drinks.


After walking around for a bit we decided to walk to a Mexican restaurant that's right on the lake. It was so nice out and we had a great view.

I was really excited when these cute little baby ducks swam by. I wish I could have them as pets, but I don't think they're as cute when they're grown up.

After dinner we headed over to the Lakeport Speedway to watch the races. This was my first time to ever attend a car race and it was quite the experience. Definitely not something I want to do all the time, but it was fun. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so tired. The main events don't start until around 8:30 or 9:00 and by the time they rolled around I was pretty much ready to go. We had a good time though and found out that the speedway is a very entertaining place to people watch.

And that is what a happening Saturday night looks like in Lake County. Not quite the night life that Las Vegas has to offer, but still a good time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Meggars, how could you forget the demolition derby of Manassa, Colorado? Aunt Charlene will be heartbroken. Well, maybe not. I guess I'm the only one that would consider that a racing sport. I swear, I've never had so much fun in my life. The final race was the best. That was the one where the ladies drove what was 'left' of their hubbies cars. I remember Ward asking me if I wanted to go down and volunteer to 'take one for the crowd'...My neck hurts just thinking about it. I think I need a brace! lol. :))))))))))))))))))))))

megankl said...

Oh mom, i didn't forget about the demolition derby. I went to one last summer too! This was my first time to watch cars go around in circles though. I would definitely pick the demolition derby any day over the races. Much more exciting. We have to wait until the fair though for that to happen again.