Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Have An Addiction

I really cannot get enough of these two items. I've been a huge fan since they first arrived on the Taco Bell menu a couple of years ago, but lately I think the addiction has gotten out of hand.

I found this silly article that expresses my sentiments towards the amazing lava sauce.

It directed me to this website for a super secret reveal of the concoction, but then I realized I had to pay 99 cents for it and I can't decide if it's worth it or not. So I did some more research and found a recipe that requires a bunch of fresh ingredients and I thought to myself "I'm kinda lazy and I don't have any of these things so I'll continue my search. Besides, the Taco Bell sauce doesn't taste "fresh". It is obviously made of highly processed materials so I doubt this recipe will be any good."

So I searched again and found this recipe:

1 can of nacho cheese
10-15 packets of Taco Bell Fire Sauce or a bottle of Taco Bell Home Originals Hot Sauce
Mix them together and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes

This sounds doable.

I will try it in the very near future and report back on my results. If it doesn't meet my expectations I might consider paying the 99 cents for the "top secret" recipe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't pay for someone's recipe unless you are purchasing their collection....baking book. I'll bet you will 'find' the recipe online in a blog or a recipe site, eventually.

;)