Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Favorite Dessert To Make

I don't really love to cook, but I love to eat, so sometimes it's a necessity. I definitely don't love to bake and since my moms keep me loaded up with baked goods it's really not a necessity for me to bake anything. Occasionally events occur that require me to make a baked good though and such an event occurred yesterday. We were having a "end of the year" celebration at work and we all signed up to bring things. I'm not great at making anything though and don't want to bring a disaster to a party so I signed up to bring a dessert and I had the following thing in mind:


It's a trifle. It's really the easiest thing to make and since I've made more than one in my life I figured I wouldn't mess it up too horribly. It did not disappoint. Here's how to do it:

Buy a box of cake mix. Follow the directions on the box. If I can do it, then you can do it. I used funfetti cake for this one because I thought it would be pretty and it was on sale.

Buy a box of pudding mix. Make the pudding.

Buy some type of fruit. Cut up if necessary.

Buy some whipped topping. Get the generic brand. It's cheaper.

Buy some cookies that you can crush up in a big ziplock bag. Again, I went for some Golden Oreos that were on sale.

Break up the pretty cake you just made and put a layer on the bottom of a bowl. Then put some pudding, some whipped topping, some fruit and some cookie crumbles. Repeat the process.

Then eat it. Yum yum.

2 comments:

miltay said...

is there a layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions?

Unknown said...

How did I miss this post?

Looks yummy....I'll bet is was.

Mips comment made me laugh. :))))