Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas in Texas

We had a wonderful time in the Lone Star State. I feel like it went by much too quickly. We landed around 9:00 pm on Christmas day. And since my sister and I are like 5 year olds, we opened our presents right away. The original plan was to wait until the next morning and pretend the 26th was Christmas day, but that just didn't happen. It was a wonderful night, but we were exhausted by the end of it. We didn't have to leave for the airport until about 9:30 am, but we woke up super early to go have Christmas with Jake's family. It was a day full of excitement.

I gave this plate to my sister. It was a huge hit. One year for her b-day we went to Rainforest Cafe. They gave her a special plate to eat on since it was her special day. This plate turned out to be a big joke because whenever we would set the table for dinner, we would always put this at her spot (even after she was waaaay to old to enjoy it). Since we don't have a Rainforest Cafe in Lake County (and for some reason their merchandise isn't available online) I had one of my bffs go to the one in Grapevine and pick it up for me. My sister was thrilled.

A pilot hat (with gloves to match)!

This is my mom opening a painting that I gave her. I will have to see if she can send me a picture of it. I forgot to take one :(

P.S. My dad was there too, but I didn't take any pictures of him. Didn't want to break the fancy camera :)

The next day we went to my Grandparent's house and had Christmas there. We usually go there on Christmas Eve, but everyone made an exception this year so we wouldn't miss out on the fun.





I think my sister won the "greatest gift giver award" for the year. A couple days after Christmas she had one of her bffs, Sara, aka our awesome wedding photographer, take pictures of her, me, and Jake to surprise our mom with. I'll post them once we get them all back.

We spent the rest of our time in Texas shopping and eating. It was awesome. We were beyond spoiled. I want to go back right now.

No comments: