Monday, January 31, 2011

Kale Chips

Nothing like regular chips, but I didn't really expect them to be so I still liked them. I've been meaning to try these for a long time, but my Safeway never has regular kale so you can imagine my excitement when I spotted it the other day. I made them as soon as I returned home from the store.

Here's how you can make your own:

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Get a bunch of kale
3. Wash it
4. Trim leafy parts off the vein it's attached to
5. Pull out your salad spinner that you received as a wedding present because your husband, who thought it was a necessity, put it on your Bed Bath and Beyond registry
6. Dust off the salad spinner (because it has NEVER been used)
7. Have your eager husband assist in the spinning process

8. Remove from spinner and pat dry with a towel (it has to be super, super dry)
9. Toss with olive oil and seasoning of your choice

10. Place on parchment paper lined baking tray
11. Bake for 10-15 minutes (don't let them brown, they'll taste bitter)

12. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I've got to get me one of those~......sous chefs; I understand they make life so much easier! And, your's is so handsome.

;)

I love this post..2Cute...4so many reasons.
:)